Tue, Mar 21|
Granite Springs Church
Join over a hundred other teen girls for this free event with keynote speakers discussing topics that include self-love, self-care, strategies for coping with stress and anxiety and how to overcome difficult situations.
Time & Location
Mar 21, 2023, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Granite Springs Church, 1170 E Joiner Pkwy, Lincoln, CA 95648, USA
About the event
This is a free "Teen Esteem" event on March 21st from 9am - 3pm for teen girls ages 13-18 that is organized by Soroptimist International - a global volunteer organization that provides women and girls with access to the education and training they need to achieve economic empowerment. It will be held at the Granite Springs Church in Lincoln and hosted by the Lincoln High School assistant principal. There will be over a hundred other teen girls arriving from different schools and there will be keynote speakers discussing topics that include self-love, self-care, awareness topics about coping with stress and anxiety and how to overcome difficult situations. Lunch and snacks will be provided to all guests attending.
Here is a little more info about the event:
Teen Esteem Event March 21, 2023
“Girls with Dreams Become Women With Vision”
On March 21, 2023, Soroptimist International will again present our Teen Esteem Day to teen girls in our community. This is a day in which the members of Soroptimist International of Lincoln celebrate the young women of Lincoln. We want to let them know that we value them and love them. This is a daylong event that includes Fun, Food and Facts. Fun will be provided with a bit of craziness posing for pictures in our professional photo booth as well as invigorating Zumba dancing. There will be no shortage of tasty goodies for breakfast, lunch, snacks, ice cream and candy. The girls in attendance will learn facts and coping strategies regarding the difficulties some of the girls may be experiencing in their daily lives. We have national award-winning keynote speakers. The topics will deal with self-love, and self-care, and lots of awareness topics about coping with stress and anxiety and how to overcome difficult situations. Some of the speakers will be funny as our goal is to mix some lightheartedness along with more serious topics. There will be drawings for gift cards for some lucky attendees. We hope that you will come and join us so we can celebrate you.
Register here to reserve your spot.
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Teen girls ages 13-18
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please let us know right away if your student has a food allergy so we can make any necessary arrangements
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: Food and drinks are provided free of charge inside the venue, however, you are welcome to bring your own if you wish. When registering, you will have a food selection choice for lunch.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: Please allow yourself ample time to drive there and park. We will be meeting out front at the entrance. Please be on time as there are many students arriving from different schools that will be checking in as well.
- CHAPERONES: For this event, you may drop off your child but you will need to sign a permission slip prior. We will be emailing those out a week before the event. You are welcome to stay at the event for the duration and if there are any extra lunches available after serving the teens, they will be offered to you.
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: There is plenty of space to park in the church parking lot
- SICK POLICY: To ensure the health and safety of all attendees, please do not attend a field trip if you or your student(s) is ill or showing possible signs of illness.