Tue, Apr 23|
(SOLD OUT) Noyo Center for Marine Science
Delve into the fascinating world of marine science with a Noyo Center Educational Tour
Time & Location
Apr 23, 2024, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Fort Bragg, 338 N Main St, Fort Bragg, CA 95437, USA
About the event
The Noyo Center for Marine Science offers an exciting and educational field trip opportunity for students to delve into the captivating world of marine life and ecosystems. This adventure-packed 2+ hour day will focus on three key experiences: understanding and exploring the kelp beds, being immersed in the geodesic dome movie theater to give the sence of being in the ocean without getting wet, and engaging interactive activities centered around whales.
Kelp Bed Exploration
Students will learn about the significance of kelp forests as vital marine habitats, fostering biodiversity and acting as marine nurseries.
Led by knowledgeable marine educators, students will engage in hands-on activities and make observations of the kelp's structure, adaptations, and the diverse marine life it supports will provide valuable insights into the complex interactions within this ecosystem.
Geodesic Dome Movie Theater
The small geodesic dome movie theater provides an immersive experience through a short visually stunning marine-themed film to give the illusion of being underwater while transporting students into the depths of the ocean, enabling them to witness marine life behavior, migration patterns, and the impacts of environmental changes.
Interactive Whale Learning
Through hands-on activities, multimedia presentations, and guided discussions, students will explore topics such as whale species diversity, migration routes, feeding habits, and the challenges they face in a changing ocean environment - deepening their understanding of these majestic marine mammals, their role in the ecosystem, and the conservation efforts required to protect them.
Student Package: Includes engaging pre and post educational visit activities, trip organization and student participation.
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Field trip is for grades K-12
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please let us know right away if your student has a food allergy so we can make any necessary arrangements
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Once a field trip is SOLD OUT or has reached it's cut off date, we are unable to offer refunds.
- CHAPERONE POLICY: A parent chaperone is required to be present with their student on our field trips regardless of student age or grade level. Upon registering you MUST INCLUDE all attending, including any additional parents/chaperones or siblings.
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: Please bring a packed lunch if you wish to eat outside at the bluffs after the session is over.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: We will meet outside the entrance of the Noyo Center for Marine Science at 8:45am.
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: There is plenty of street parking
- SICK POLICY: Please do not attend a field trip if you or your student is sick or showing possible signs of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order
If you are a parent using charter school funds, you will still need to register here for the event in order to hold your spot. Use the coupon code listed below when checking out. You will also need to put in your order with your charter school. They will reach out to us with your request and this will confirm your field trip reservation.
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER