Thu, Jan 19|
Tahoe Meadows South Trailhead
Snowshoeing with Tahoe Institute for Natural Science
Discovering winter wildlife survival strategies - while snowshoeing!
Time & Location
Jan 19, 2023, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Tahoe Meadows South Trailhead, Mt Rose Hwy, New Washoe City, NV 89704, USA
About the event
Join us for a docent led trip through Chickadee Ridge. This Winter Wildlife Survival Snowshoe Trek is designed to completely immerse students in winter-based content—right in the snow. The wildlife topics covered ranges from winter mammals to birds, amphibians, and more. Students learn about survival techniques, adaptations, migration, hibernation, and many other winter survival strategies.
- Chickadee Ridge/Tahoe Meadows South Trailhead
- Tahoe Meadows South Trailhead Map
- Please dress appropriately for the snow and cold weather (water-resistant snow boots, snow jackets, snow bibs/pants, gloves, layers, beanies). Snow is highly reflective of UV radiation even on cold and cloudy days. Please bring UV protection sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Snowshoes will be provided for the excursion.
- Participants MUST be 4th grade & up.
- An adult chaperone is required to accompany student(s) on a field trip regardless of the student(s)' age or grade level(s).
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Participants MUST be 4th grade & up
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please let us know right away if your student has a food allergy so we can make any necessary arrangements to better protect them
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Tickets for field trips will remain on sale until sold out or at the cut off date listed on the event, whichever comes first. Changes to your order can be made only while the field trip is open. Once a field trip closes, we are unable to offer refunds. Issues with orders such as insufficient or incomplete funds withdrawal may be subject to cancellation.
- CHAPERONE POLICY FOR TEACHER-LED FIELD TRIPS: Instructional funds may be used to order 1 adult/chaperone ticket per 4 enrolled students and 2 adult/chaperone tickets per 5 or more enrolled students. An adult chaperone is required to accompany student(s) on a field trip regardless of the student(s)' age or grade level(s).
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: Bring a snack and water bottle for the trip.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: We will meet at the South trailhead for Tahoe Meadows. Tahoe Meadows South Trailhead. Dress for snow! Keep in mind that often it can be 10-15 degrees colder up in this area than down in Incline Village. Snow pants, warm waterproof snow boots, layers, hats, and gloves, UV protective sunglasses and sunscreen are all a good idea. Snowshoes will be provided. Bring plenty of snacks for the trip and a large water bottle. After the trek, there is a hill near the trailhead to go snowsledding for free. If you wish to sled, you need to bring your own and assume all risks.
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: Park anywhere along the highway near the trailhead. We will gather at the trailhead to start. Tahoe Meadows South Trailhead
- SICK POLICY: To ensure the health and safety of all attendees, please do not attend a field trip if you or your student(s) is ill or showing possible signs of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order
- $25 per student
- $25 per chaperone
If you are a parent using charter school funds, you will still need to register here for the event in order to hold your spot. Use the coupon code listed below when checking out. You will also need to put in your order with your charter school. They will reach out to us with your request and this will confirm your field trip reservation.
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER