Thu, Sep 14|
Lake Shasta Caverns Tour
Come enjoy this fun experience while visiting Shasta Caverns! Tour includes boat ride to the cavern entrance, guided cavern tour, bus ride back to parking lot and gem mining!
Time & Location
Sep 14, 2023, 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Shasta County, 20359 Shasta Caverns Rd, Lakehead, CA 96051, USA
About the event
A National Natural Landmark in Lakehead!
Lake Shasta Caverns is a geologic adventure! Take part in this robust and comprehensive school tour to see the caverns and lake in their glory. Along the way, you might see local animals, such as bald eagles, mountain lions, and black bears! This includes the tour guide quizzing the students on information they have learned about caves. Ticket includes the boat, bus and tour of caverns along with gemstone mining for the kids!
Educator Package: Includes educational resources, interactive project ideas, trip organization, direct experiential opportunities to help better connect the experience with your students and complimentary chaperone ticket. Does not include student ticket.
Student Package: Includes engaging pre and post educational field trip activities, trip organization and student ticket.
Siblings ages 2 and under are free but MUST be listed when registering as they will need to be included in the headcount. Siblings ages 3 and older will need to purchase the Student Package and MUST be listed when registering.
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: K -12th
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Once a field trip is SOLD OUT or has reached it's cut off date, we are unable to offer refunds.
- CHAPERONE POLICY: A parent chaperone is required to be present with their student on our field trips regardless of student age or grade level. Upon registering you MUST INCLUDE all attending, including any additional parents/chaperones or siblings.
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: Bottled water is allowed. Food, sodas, gum, or any other snack food/drinks on the tour or inside the cave is not permitted. After the tour, there are picnic tables and a small playground for anyone that wants to eat lunch. There is food available for purchase onsite at the Visitor's Center.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: We will meet at the picnic tables out front at 10:15am and will be checking in as a group at 10:30.
- PARKING INFORMATION: There is plenty of parking available.
- BACKPACKS: No backpacks or other large bags are allowed on the tour. Baby carriers allowed only if front carrying. No back carrying allowed. Please make sure to leave backpacks in the vehicle you rode in. Teachers are allowed to have a backpack for any medical supplies needed for the students. Fanny packs are permitted.
- HOW TO DRESS: Consider the current outside weather and wearing comfortable shoes, since the tour includes walking and stair climbing. There is an extensive walking component of the tour, and it is not recommended for people suffering from heart conditions, knee or back issues or other medical conditions that may hinder your ability to walk for a long time. There are over 600 stairs in the caverns. For those who are unable to walk so many stairs, there is a halfway point, and you may choose to exit the caverns and wait in the visitor center where there will be a narrated video tour. The caverns are constantly 58 degrees Fahrenheit with a high humidity level of 90 to 95%. This raises the temperature to about 68 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit. A light sweatshirt is nice if you get cold easily.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order.
If you are a parent using charter school funds, you will still need to register here for the event in order to hold your spot. Use the coupon code listed below when checking out. You will also need to put in your order with your charter school. They will reach out to us with your request and this will confirm your field trip reservation.
*This field trip is not supported by IEM Charter (South Sutter, Ocean Grove, Sky Mountain)
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER
Package TypeFrom $35.00 to $39.00