Fri, Dec 15|
Dissections with Lab Rat Academy
Students can investigate the biology of an animal and learn about it’s adaptations, organs, and systems with this hands-on dissection lab facilitated by an education specialist from Lab Rat Academy.
Time & Location
Dec 15, 2023, 10:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Roseville, 1501 Pleasant Grove Blvd, Roseville, CA 95747, USA
About the event
Students can investigate the biology of an animal and learn about it’s adaptations, organs, and systems with this hands-on dissection lab facilitated by an education specialist from Lab Rat Academy. Students are given opportunity to study and explore the complexities of internal anatomy in memorable, tangible, and eye-opening ways. Seeing the intricacies of an animal's organs and inner workings helps them develop a deeper understanding of and respect for life and the natural world. Studying an animal’s internal anatomy reveals so much about the specific and amazing ways in which they move, eat, reproduce, regulate their functions, and more!
We will have 3 different labs throughout the day. You can choose one or two or do all three if you wish
Times and labs are listed below.
Squid Dissection (FULL)
The squid is a fascinating invertebrate with peculiar structures that students can compare to higher and lower level animals. Pique your students’ interest in animal anatomy by dissecting a squid. Lab Rat Academy will guide students to locate and identify the squid’s external and internal features. Recommended for grades 1st-12th
Using a preserved brain, students explore the interdependence of organ systems and investigate the specific structures and functions of the organ. Through observation and dissection, students will locate and identify the external and internal features of the mammalian organ. Recommended for grades 3rd-12th.
In this advanced anatomy lab, the anatomical structures of several complex preserved specimens will be identified and discussed through a thorough, inquiry-based dissection of the each specimen. Students will follow detailed step-by-step instructions to dissect and conduct a careful survey of the major systems of the organisms. Recommended for grades 4th-12th
Lab Rat Academy’s Anatomy Labs cover the basics for learning how to dissect preserved and fresh organisms using safety equipment. Safety glasses, gloves, lab aprons, as well as scalpels and other dissecting equipment will be provided for each student.
All labs are designed to meet CDC, local, and state health and safety standards.
Student Package: Includes interactive project ideas, fun and interesting facts, engaging pre and post field trip activities and student field trip participation.
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: K-12
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Once a field trip is SOLD OUT or has reached it's cut off date, we are unable to offer refunds.
- CHAPERONE POLICY: A parent chaperone is required to be present with their student on our field trips regardless of student age or grade level. Upon registering you MUST INCLUDE all attending, including any additional parents/chaperones or siblings.
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: Water is permitted. If you need to eat, there are plenty of places outside the dissection room to do so.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: Please plan on arriving 10 minutes prior to your lab. Labs will start on time and your student may miss important information if arriving late.
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: There is plenty of space to park in the venue parking lot
- SICK POLICY: Please do not attend a field trip if you or your student is sick or showing possible signs of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order
If you are a parent using charter school funds, you will still need to register here for the event in order to hold your spot. Use the coupon code listed below when checking out. You will also need to put in your order with your charter school. They will reach out to us with your request and this will confirm your field trip reservation.
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER
If paying out of pocket there is a $10 discount.
Coupon Code: OUT OF POCKET