Thu, Apr 06|
California Railroad Museum Tour: Horses To Horsepower plus a 45 Minute Train Ride!
The Transcontinental Railroad changed life in America forever! Afterward you'll get to hop on board a running train to take a 45 minute ride through the city!
Time & Location
Apr 06, 2023, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Sacramento, 125 I St, Sacramento, CA 95814, USA
About the event
Registration opens for this event at 12pm on February 1st
For 4th-6th grade
Hop on board the Horses to Horsepower program to experience what it was like to build the nation’s first Transcontinental Railroad more than 150 years ago! Your conductor will escort you to five different stations located throughout the California State Railroad Museum. Discover how Transcontinental Railroad reduced travel time, inspired innovation, encouraged western settlement, and enabled California’s agriculture industry to grow.
The Transcontinental Railroad changed life in America forever! Afterward you'll get to hop on board one of the trains to take a 45 minute ride through the city!
$14 per person (students/parents)
Educator Package $16 Includes educational resources, interactive project ideas, direct experiential opportunities to help better connect the experience with your students and complimentary chaperone ticket.
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: 4th-6th Grade
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please let us know right away if your student has a food allergy so we can make any necessary arrangements
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Tickets for field trips will remain on sale until sold out or at the cut off date listed on the event, whichever comes first. Changes to your order can be made only while the field trip is open. Once a field trip closes, we are unable to offer refunds. Issues with orders such as insufficient or incomplete funds withdrawal may be subject to cancellation.
- CHAPERONE POLICY FOR TEACHER-LED FIELD TRIPS: Instructional funds may be used to order 1 adult/chaperone ticket per 4 enrolled students and 2 adult/chaperone tickets per 5 or more enrolled students.An adult chaperone is required to accompany student(s) on a field trip regardless of the student(s)' age or grade level(s).
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: No food or drink is allowed inside the museum.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: Please allow yourself enough time to get there and park. We will be meeting out front at the entrance. Please be on time as the tour starts promptly at 11:00am.
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: There is a parking garage directly across from the museum.
- SICK POLICY: To ensure the health and safety of all attendees, please do not attend a field trip if you or your student(s) is ill or showing possible signs of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order
If you are a parent using charter school funds, you will still need to register here for the event in order to hold your spot. Use the coupon code listed below when checking out. You will also need to put in your order with your charter school. They will reach out to us with your request and this will confirm your field trip reservation.
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER
StudentFrom $14.00 to $16.00