Mon, Apr 24|
California Automobile Museum
California Automobile Museum Tour
Experience the Museum through the eyes of an automobile aficionado with a guided museum tour
Time & Location
Apr 24, 2023, 10:00 AM
California Automobile Museum, 2200 Front St, Sacramento, CA 95818, USA
About the event
This one hour guided school tour is recommended for of all ages.
Come and experience automotive evolution like never before with a guided tour and a chance to see an array of cars up close and personal. Docents will introduce visitors to the unique collection and give insight about specific cars. This collection is unlike any other in the world. With over 130 vehicles and monthly rotating and special exhibits, the California Automobile Museum provides a truly unique automotive experience for their visitors.
While many museums ask visitors to look but not touch, the California Automobile Museum abides by the opposite policy. In each gallery, there is something that kids can touch or do, get their hands on and participate in. From the permanent exhibitions, which include cars driven by storied California car clubs and the rides of Hollywood celebrities, to special shows—Reel Cars pays tribute to the importance of cars in filmmaking—the museum offers something to do for all ages.
The museum’s permanent collection, a chronological display that tells the story of the automobile in America, offers an easy-to-digest history lesson as well as ample opportunities for play. Cars from the 1950s feature big backseats that children can pile into to see what it used to feel like without seatbelts.
It also explores technologies of the future and their origins, with an electric car from 1911 parked next to a sleek new Tesla. Depending on a visitor’s age and curiosity about cars, the museum offers a range of activities. For the young ones, it might just be a big tire to climb on. For older kids, displays answer questions they may have about the mechanics of a car, like how the cylinder works and how gas gets from the gas tank to power a car. It goes all the way up to college age: Sacramento’s Universal Technical Institute brings classes to the museum as part of the curriculum.
Siblings 4 and under are free but will need to be listed when registering as they will be included in the official headcount
Chaperones are free and will also need to be listed when registering.
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: K-12
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please let us know right away if your student has a food allergy so we can make any necessary arrangements
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Tickets for field trips will remain on sale until sold out or at the cut off date listed on the event, whichever comes first. Changes to your order can be made only while the field trip is open. Once a field trip closes, we are unable to offer refunds. Issues with orders such as insufficient or incomplete funds withdrawal may be subject to cancellation.
- CHAPERONE POLICY FOR TEACHER-LED FIELD TRIPS: Instructional funds may be used to order 1 adult/chaperone ticket per 4 enrolled students and 2 adult/chaperone tickets per 5 or more enrolled students. An adult chaperone is required to accompany student(s) on a field trip regardless of the student(s)' age or grade level(s).
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: Food and drinks may not be consumed inside. There are park benches outside.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: Please gather at entrance
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: There is plenty of on site parking
- SICK POLICY: To ensure the health and safety of all attendees, please do not attend a field trip if you or your student(s) is ill or showing possible signs of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order
If you are a parent using charter school funds, you will still need to register here for the event in order to hold your spot. Use the coupon code listed below when checking out. You will also need to put in your order with your charter school. They will reach out to us with your request and this will confirm your field trip reservation.
Charter Fund Code: CHARTER