Tue, Jan 24|
Museum of Medical History
(3 TICKETS LEFT) Museum of Medical History
Experience the evolution of medicine from the Gold Rush to today!
Time & Location
Jan 24, 2023, 10:00 AM
Museum of Medical History, 5380 Elvas Ave, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA
About the event
Experience the evolution of medicine from the Gold Rush to today in this unique museum presented by the Sierra Sacramento Valley Medical Society. Exhibits include an iron lung, patent medicines and pharmacology, antibiotics and infectious diseases, Asian medicine, nursing, radiology, quackery and plenty of other tools that will make you grateful for today’s modern medicine.
This is for 4th grade and up. The docents are retired doctors and medical professionals and will be tailoring the tour for ages 9 and up. Because of the content of certain medical equipement and the procedures and diseases discussed, it is recomended that younger siblings and students younger than 9 years of age, not attend.
Room for 10 students plus chaperones.
Chaperones are free
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: 4th -12th
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please let us know right away if your student has a food allergy so we can make any necessary arrangements
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Tickets for field trips will remain on sale until sold out or at the cut off date listed on the event, whichever comes first. Changes to your order can be made only while the field trip is open. Once a field trip closes, we are unable to offer refunds. Issues with orders such as insufficient or incomplete funds withdrawal may be subject to cancellation.
- CHAPERONE POLICY FOR TEACHER-LED FIELD TRIPS: Instructional funds may be used to order 1 adult/chaperone ticket per 4 enrolled students and 2 adult/chaperone tickets per 5 or more enrolled students.An adult chaperone is required to accompany student(s) on a field trip regardless of the student(s)' age or grade level(s).
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: No food or drink allowed inside the museum.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: Please allow yourself enough time to get there and park. We will be meeting outside of the entrance and the tour will start promptly at 10:00
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: Parking is free in the lot right outside.
- SICK POLICY: To ensure the health and safety of all attendees, please do not attend a field trip if you or your student(s) is ill or showing possible signs of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order.
If you are a parent using charter school funds, you will still need to register here for the event in order to hold your spot. Use the coupon code listed below when checking out. You will also need to put in your order with your charter school. They will reach out to us with your request and this will confirm your field trip reservation.
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER