Engage your student in an activity that combines critical thinking, education and fun
These Quests are designed to engage the mind and expand social skills beyond basic texting while keeping the all-important cell phone central to the challenge. Students learn about the city, its landmarks and the culture that exists right in their own backyard while having a fun experience...education in a unique way.
Welcome to San Francisco, a city whose landscapes and bridges are defined each day by the incoming fog or the bright gleaming sunshine.
Your amazing scavenger hunt adventure will begin in the Union Square area and will take you through Chinatown and other historical neighborhoods as you wind your way through the famous Wharf District. You will traverse San Francisco's contoured landscape both on foot and by Cable Car.
So grab your camera and windbreaker, and get ready to ride the rails. Discover one of the best things to do in San Francisco…play the game, see the sights and experience San Francisco in a whole new way.
Start: Yerba Buena Gardens
End: Hyde Street Pier
Distance: 2 miles
Time: 3 - 4 hours
Additional Cost: Cable Car fare/ plus Bus/cable car back to Yerba Buena Gardens from Wharf if needed.
Points of InterestUnion Square
Cable Car Museum
What to Expect:
- Smart phone clues lead you and your team of 2-5 people on an engaging walking tour of the city.
- Solve clues, complete challenges, and work together to unravel the secrets the city.
- Optional hints make sure that everyone in your team can find a location or solve a challenge to move forward
- Receive points for correct answers. Compare your score with others, or form multiple teams to compete with friends.
- See famous sights and hidden gems of the city while learning interesting facts and discovering unique history.
Age Requirements: There is no specific age requirement and in fact, the Quest appeals to a wide range of ages. When determining whether the Quest would be appropriate for a specific age or person, consider that the Quest is generally a walking tour that can range between 2-3 miles and take 2-4 hours depending on your pace of play.
Included: Educational resources, interactive project ideas, trip organization and engaging pre and post educational visit activities.