Wed, Sep 13|
Turtle Bay Exploration Park
Feed the parrots and participate in a hands on exploration class! Explore the 300-acre park featuring the Sundial Bridge, the museum, forestry & wildlife center, arboretum and botanical gardens.
Time & Location
Sep 13, 2023, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Redding, 844 Sundial Bridge Drive, Redding, CA 96003, USA
About the event
Turtle Bay Museum is where art, science, history, forestry, and horticulture meet with permanent exhibits about our region and changing exhibitions from around the world.
After our brief orientation, there will be a 10:15 Exploring the Forest Exploration Class for grades K- 3 followed by an 11:00 class for grades 4-8. Your student will uncover the stories that trees can tell us through their lifetimes and explore how important these organisms are in our world. Students will investigate the structures and functions of trees and discover the secrets hidden in tree rings. This 45 minute interactive, informational, and inspirational experience provides a unique opportunity for students to practice, build on, and connect with Next Generation Science and other standards. After the class, you and your students are free to explore the galleries and grounds with the group or at your own pace. This includes the Museum, Paul Bunyan’s Forest Camp, the Gardens, and Sundial Bridge. Engage your students with the many animals in the live animal collection. Explore all the connections to the natural world by visiting the botanical gardens. Discover the people who have called - and still call - this region their home. Visit two changing exhibit galleries to see temporary exhibitions. Your visit also includes feeding the lorikeets at Parrot Playhouse! Turtle Bay is the perfect place to observe, record, and reflect on our natural world!
Please note: All chaperones will need an Educator Package for this experience. All students participating will need a Student Package.
Student Package: Includes interactive project ideas, fun and interesting facts, engaging activities and student admission.
Educator Package: Includes educator resources, trip planning, direct experiential opportunities to help better connect the experience with your students and complimentary chaperone admission. Does not include student ticket.
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Field trip is for grades K-12
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please let us know right away if your student has a food allergy so we can make any necessary arrangements
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Once a field trip is SOLD OUT or has reached it's cut off date, we are unable to offer refunds.
- CHAPERONE POLICY: A parent chaperone is required to be present with their student on our field trips regardless of student age or grade level. Upon registering you MUST INCLUDE all attending, including any additional parents/chaperones or siblings.
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: There are no indoor lunch facilities at the museum No eating or drinking other than water permitted indoors. No food or drinks other than water allowed in the Forest Camp Amphitheater and Parrot Playhouse. There is Branch House Riverfront Bistro, located next to the Museum and offers breakfast, coffee, lunch, and grab ‘n go items. There is also Mosaic, which offers takeout options and is located at the end of the Turtle Bay Museum boardwalk. If you are bringing your own lunch, it is recommend that you bring it with you when you enter the Park so you can enjoy your lunch in the designated eating spaces while there.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: We will meet right outside the entrance to the building at 9:45am and will be entering together as a group promptly at 10. If you are running late, you must call or text before 10 so that we can make arrangements for your entry.
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: Parking is available at the Sundial Bridge parking lot. Turtle Bay is just a short walk from there.
- SICK POLICY: Please do not attend a field trip if you or your student is sick or showing possible signs of illness.
- PICTURES: Turtle Bay staff may take pictures and videos throughout the Park to develop their designs and programs. Such photos and videos may also be used in publications. Please advise us if you would prefer yourself or the children present not be photographed.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order
If you are a parent using charter school funds, you will still need to register here for the event in order to hold your spot. Use the coupon code listed below when checking out. You will also need to put in your order with your charter school. They will reach out to us with your request and this will confirm your field trip reservation.
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER
Package TypeFrom $25.00 to $29.00