Time is TBD|
Turtle Bay Exploration Park
Feed the parrots and participate in a hands on exploration class! Explore the 300-acre park featuring the Sundial Bridge, the museum, forestry & wildlife center, arboretum and botanical gardens.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Redding, 844 Sundial Bridge Drive, Redding, CA 96003, USA
About the event
There are no indoor lunch facilities at Turtle Bay. Groups are responsible for the transport and clean-up of lunches. We highly recommend wagons for group transport or individual backpacks for students.
No eating or drinking other than water permitted indoors. No food or drinks other than water allowed in the Forest Camp Amphitheater and Parrot Playhouse.
A wild adventure awaits you at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo! Learn about more than 200 species, the zoo’s conservation efforts and immerse yourself in various exhibits, including the African Adventure, the Reptile House, Sea Lion Cove and Kingdoms of Asia. Our first stop will be the Butterfly Garden to see the insect's life cycle. After our visit to the Butterfly Garden, you are free to explore the zoo either with the group or at your leisure on this self guided tour. Your wristbands will allow your student access to feed cow-nose rays and southern stingrays as they glide beneath their fingertips. And you and your child will get to experieince the giraffes up close and personal by feeding the gentle giants. It’s a safe, fun experience for the whole family!
In addition to having access to the girafee and stingray feeding stations, you will get entry to the Butterfly Garden and will be able to experience the following animal attractions
Sea Lion Cove
Be immediately transported to the California coast with the sound of crashing waves, salty sea air, barking sea lions, harbor seals and beautiful brown pelicans
Winged Wonders Bird Show
Prepare to be wowed as birds fly overhead and show off their unique traits at this free-flight bird show produced by Ross Laird.
Excavate a full-size T-Rex and other fossils, like a real paleontologist in our Dino Dig.
Tools are available in the dig site.
Visitors to the Reptile House are introduced to a diversity of reptiles, with more than 40 species of snakes, turtles, and lizards in beautiful jewel box enclosures so guests can get an up-close look at these unique animals and their habitats. Look carefully to see if you can spot all of the slithery, scaly, hoppy, and crawly creatures on display in these mixed habitats. Guests can also learn about the conservation threats these species face and their IUCN Red List of Threatened Species status on a series of monitors accompanying each exhibit, as well as Fresno Chaffee Zoo’s work to protect them in the wild.
New and improved! See how Valley agriculture impacts the entire world.
An Australian walk-through exhibit which features red kangaroos, wallaroos, wallabies, emu and kookaburras in a unique, multi-species exhibit setting!
This state-of-the-art exhibit is also home to giraffe feeding station with 360 degree views of the savanna as well as a new dine-in restaurant called the Kopje Lodge.
Step into a kaleidoscope of color in the all-new Butterfly Garden! This walk-through experience offers guest the opportunity to get up close with hundreds of butterflies, both from California and around the world, as they fly gracefully through the indoor garden. This exhibit also includes a Chrysalis House where guests can see butterflies in their different life stages.
This field trip includes:
Free Admission to the Zoo and its exhibits
Feeding the Sting Rays
Feeding the Giraffes
Entrance to the Butterfly Garden
At lunch, we will be eating right outiside the zoo at Roeding Park. For those that would like to eat lunch with the group and go back to the zoo to explore, you can re-enter through the pre-paid lines with your wristbands.
Student Package: Includes interactive project ideas, fun and interesting facts, engaging activities and admission.
Educator Package: Includes educator resources, trip planning, direct experiential opportunities to help better connect the experience with your students and complimentary chaperone ticket. Does not include student ticket.
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Field trip is for grades K-12
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please let us know right away if your student has a food allergy so we can make any necessary arrangements
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Tickets for field trips will remain on sale until sold out or at the cut off date listed on the event, whichever comes first. Changes to your order can be made only while the field trip is open. Once a field trip closes, we are unable to offer refunds. Issues with orders such as insufficient or incomplete funds withdrawal may be subject to cancellation.
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: Food and drinks may be purchased inside. If you are bringing a packed lunch, we will be eating at Roeding Park just right outside but you are free to eat at the zoo if you wish.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: Please gather at entrance by 8:45. Please be on time as we will be entering together as a group promtly at 9am.
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: The City of Fresno charges a $5 per car parking fee at Roeding Park.
- SICK POLICY: To ensure the health and safety of all attendees, please do not attend a field trip if you or your student(s) is ill or showing possible signs of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order
If you are a parent using charter school funds, you will still need to register here for the event in order to hold your spot. Use the coupon code listed below when checking out. You will also need to put in your order with your charter school. They will reach out to us with your request and this will confirm your field trip reservation.
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER