Thu, Mar 28|
The Tech Interactive
Give your students new and exciting ways to engage with science!
Time & Location
Mar 28, 2024, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
San Jose, 201 S Market St, San Jose, CA 95113, USA
About the event
There's always something tech-tastic happening at The Tech Interactive! There are so many staff facilitated experiences like the BioTinkering Lab as well as hands-on experiences in genetics, earth sciences, alternative energy, virtual design, and lots more. It's also home to the largest IMAX Dome Theater, which plays a variety of educational films. Interactive exhibits include Biology, Biotechnology, Health, Engineering, Art, Music, Technology, Earth and Space.
In addition to the many exhibits, your student will also get to participate in an Innovation Lab and IMAX experience. Innovation Labs deepen student learning, encourage teamwork and build confidence in the engineering design process. Participants will use the design process to brainstorm, design, build, test and redesign creative solutions to real-world science and engineering challenges. All Innovation Labs support Next Generation Science Standards and last 45 minutes.
For grades 4-12
Student engineers work in teams to design and test their own approach to creating a sustainable city.
For grades 1-4
Junior robotics engineers work as a team to “debug” a non-functioning robot and create an algorithm to help others with troubleshooting.
IMAX: Jane Goodall’s Reasons for Hope
Come enjoy the world’s most powerful and immersive movie experience with the first dome laser projector in the world on the largest IMAX® dome screen in the West! Drawing on decades of work by the world’s most famous living ethologist and environmentalist, Jane Goodall-Reasons for Hope, is an uplifting journey around the globe to highlight good news stories that will inspire people to make a difference in the world around them.
Educator Package: Includes educational resources, interactive project ideas, trip organization, direct experiential opportunities to help better connect the experience with your students, and complimentary chaperone access.
Student Package: Includes engaging pre and post educational visit activities, trip organization and student participation.
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Field trip is for grades K-12
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please let us know right away if your student has a food allergy so we can make any necessary arrangements
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Once a field trip is SOLD OUT or has reached it's cut off date, we are unable to offer refunds.
- CHAPERONE POLICY: A parent chaperone is required to be present with their student on our field trips regardless of student age or grade level. Upon registering you MUST INCLUDE all attending, including any additional parents/chaperones or siblings.
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: You can bring a packed lunch or eat at The Tech Cafe, which offers breakfast & lunch options including pizza, chicken fingers and burgers. There is also the Grab & Go which offers fresh sandwiches, salads and desserts. The IMAX also sells concessions.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: We will be meeting out front. An email with meetup details will be mailed out a week prior to our trip.
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: The Tech offers $5 flat-rate parking validation at only the Second and San Carlos Street garage, a five-story structure (enter from Second or Third Streets), and/or the San Jose McEnery Convention Center garage (enter from Market Street). Validation is available in the Interactive lobby during operating hours.
- SICK POLICY: Please do not attend a field trip if you or your student is sick or showing possible signs of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order
If you are a parent using charter school funds, you will still need to register here for the event in order to hold your spot. Use the coupon code listed below when checking out. You will also need to put in your order with your charter school. They will reach out to us with your request and this will confirm your field trip reservation.
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER
Package TypeFrom $27.00 to $29.00