Mon, Nov 20|
(SOLD OUT) Marine Mammal Care Center Private Guided School Tour
Visit the world’s largest marine mammal hospital to see animal care experts provide life-saving care to patients so they can be released back to the wild.
Time & Location
Nov 20, 2023, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Sausalito, 2000 Bunker Rd, Sausalito, CA 94965, USA
About the event
SOLD OUT: We are trying to add another field trip right after this one. Please email us so we can put you on the waiting list.
Nestled in the Marin Headlands of Sausalito just north of the Golden Gate Bridge, the ocean-view Visitor's Center was recently renovated, including a complete remodeling of the 2,700 square foot indoor visitor experience spaces, with additional enhancements to outdoor visitor areas.
On this private guided tour, you’ll hear inspiring stories about how animal care experts provide life-saving care to sick and injured marine mammals, learn about the innovative technology sustaining our state-of-the-art hospital and find out how you can make a difference for these vulnerable patients. Please note the number of patients that are onsite and visible varies daily and seasonally. Learn more about which patients you're likely to see during your visit.
Things to see and do nearby:
Play at Rodeo Beach
Explore the beautiful town of Sausilito
Check out the Goldengate Bridge
Bay Area Discovery Museum
Fort Barry, a former 1908 army post.
Hike the Coastal and Miwok Trails
Visit the Muir Woods National Monument
Student Package: Includes interactive project ideas, fun and interesting facts, engaging activities and admission.
Educator Package: Includes educator resources, trip planning, direct experiential opportunities to help better connect the experience with your students and complimentary chaperone ticket. Does not include student ticket.
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: All ages are welcome but this field trip is reccommended for ages 7 and up due to the sensitive topics discussed regarding the animals.
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please let us know right away if your student has a food allergy so we can make any necessary arrangements
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Once a field trip is sold out or has reached it's cut off date, we are unable to offer refunds.
- CHAPERONE POLICY: A parent chaperone is required to be present with their student on our field trips regardless of student age or grade level. Upon registering you MUST INCLUDE all attending, including any additional parents/chaperones or siblings.
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: No food or drink allowed inside. There are picnic tables out front and a nearby beach area where you can eat your lunch afterward if you wish.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: We will meet outside the entrance at 10:15am
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: The Center has a large parking lot located to the right as you approach the facility gate. An additional small parking lot that includes placard parking spaces is available directly in front of the Center at the top of the hill.
- SICK POLICY: Please do not attend a field trip if you or your student is sick or showing possible symptoms of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order
If you are a parent using charter school funds, you will still need to register here for the event in order to hold your spot. Use the coupon code listed below when checking out. You will also need to put in your order with your charter school. They will reach out to us with your request and this will confirm your field trip reservation.
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER
Package TypeFrom $27.00 to $29.00