Thu, Jan 05|
(SOLD OUT) California Missions Field Trip
Offering a comprehensive overview of the state's transformation from a Spanish outpost to a thriving frontier on the verge of US statehood
Time & Location
Jan 05, 2023, 1:00 PM
Sacramento, 1020 O St, Sacramento, CA 95814, USA
About the event
Recommended for: Grades K-12
The California Missions Field Trip chronicles the history of the 21 outposts founded by missionaries along the El Camino Real, providing students with a comprehensive overview of the state’s transformation from a Spanish outpost to a thriving frontier on the verge of U.S. statehood.
Includes a 25-minute docent-led classroom presentation on the history of the Mission system and its impact on Native peoples, followed by completion of an activity sheet and self-guided tours of “California Indians” and “California Missions,” plus pre- and post-visit activities.
Limited to 28 people (students, chaperones)
$15 per person (students/chaperones) Students and chaperones must each buy a ticket
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: K-12
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please let us know right away if your student has a food allergy so we can make any necessary arrangements
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Tickets for field trips will remain on sale until sold out or at the cut off date listed on the event, whichever comes first. Changes to your order can be made only while the field trip is open. Once a field trip closes, we are unable to offer refunds. Issues with orders such as insufficient or incomplete funds withdrawal may be subject to cancellation.
- CHAPERONE POLICY FOR TEACHER-LED FIELD TRIPS: Instructional funds may be used to order 1 adult/chaperone ticket per 4 enrolled students and 2 adult/chaperone tickets per 5 or more enrolled students. An adult chaperone is required to accompany student(s) on a field trip regardless of the student(s)' age or grade level(s).
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: Food and drinks may not be consumed inside. Tables and chairs are available the in courtyard.
- EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL: To download lesson plans and activity sheets please click here Lesson Plans. To enhance your visit please download the Museum's visitor's guide Visitors Guide. You can also use these Missions Packet activities before, during and after your field trip to enhance student learning. Please click on the following links:
- Lesson Plans.
- Visitors Guide
- Missions Packet
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: Please gather at the front of the museum
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: On-street metered parking is available during the Museum's regular business hours. Many garages are cash only. The museum store does not have the ability to provide for cash back nor change for meters. Please build in ample time for traffic and locating parking.
- SICK POLICY: To ensure the health and safety of all attendees, please do not attend a field trip if you or your student(s) is ill or showing possible signs of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order
Charter Fund Code: MISSIONS