Wed, Oct 18|
(SOLD OUT) Bodega Marine Laboratory Tour
Experience this unique opportunity to see Bodega Bay through the eyes of working scientists!
Time & Location
Oct 18, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Bodega Bay, 2099 Westshore Rd, Bodega Bay, CA 94923, USA
About the event
Add a little science to your visit to Bodega Bay and join us for a guided tour of the Bodega Marine Laboratory. If your student is interested in the oceans and their importance to our lives, visiting Bodega Marine Laboratory (BML) will be a great addition to their studies. The Bodega Marine Laboratory is an active research site for UC Davis and this one-hour school tour includes a general overview of the lab, its research and its many exhibits. We will get to observe ocean creatures and habitats including a 24-foot-long jetty display containing hundreds of colorful local fishes and invertebrates, a small kelp forest, a predator aquarium, a round aquarium of jellyfish and other pelagic organisms, and a tide pool exhibit that recreates a Northern California tidal habitat and simulates tide and wave action. A visit to BML will change your perspective of Bodega Bay and offers the unique opportunity to see the area through the eyes of working scientists.
For those that want to join us afterward, we will be enjoying lunch on the beach.
For those interested in camping and/or hiking the nearby trails, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for suggestions and recommendations.
Educator Package: Includes educational resources, interactive project ideas, direct experiential opportunities to help better connect the experience with your students and complimentary chaperone ticket. Does not include a student ticket.
Student Package: Includes engaging pre and post educational visit activities, trip organization and student ticket.
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: K-12
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please let us know right away if your student has a food allergy so we can make any necessary arrangements to better protect them
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Once a field trip is SOLD OUT or has reached it's cut off date, we are unable to offer refunds.
- CHAPERONE POLICY: A parent chaperone is required to be present with their student on our field trips regardless of student age or grade level. Upon registering you MUST INCLUDE all attending, including any additional parents/chaperones or siblings.
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: No food or drink allowed inside the laboratoy.
- PARKING: After taking the Eastshore Road, you will see a sign for Bodega Head, Marinas, and Westside Park turn left onto Eastshore Road.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: We will be meeting at the entrance at 10:45
- SICK POLICY: Please do not attend a field trip if you or your student is sick or showing possible signs of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your orde
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER
Package TypeFrom $20.00 to $25.00