Time & Location
Mar 08, 2023, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Fremont, Mission San Jose, Fremont, CA, USA
About the event
This docent-led tour includes the Mission Church, Cemetery and Garden, and time to self-explore Mission Museum including 18-minute video. Students may enjoy their lunch in our patio garden. In the afternoon, we will spend 1.5 to 2 hours doing hands-on activities, including Ohlone children’s games and a guided nature walk through a garden of indigenous and Spanish-introduced plants.
History-Social Science Content Standards for California Public Schools, Grade Four covered on the fieldtrip:
- Pre-Columbian life of California Indians
- How their hunter-gatherer lives were affected by the missions
- Why Spain established the missions
- How everyone’s lives changed again with secularization, ending the Mission Period
We will be meeting at the Mission at 11am. Our day at the Mission will finish by 3:00pm
Space is limited to 28 people
Educator Package $25.50 Includes educational resources, interactive project ideas, direct experiential opportunities to help better connect the experience with your student and complimentary ticket.
$25.50 per person (adults, students, chaperones, siblings age 5 and older)
Siblings can attend as long as they are not a disruption to the program. Please keep in mind that if you need to step out or leave with a younger sibling, you will still need a chaperone for your other child(ren) attending the program.
Siblings 4 and under are free but need to be included when registering.
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Recommended for 4th grade students.
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please DO NOT bring any raspberries, fish or shellfish
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Tickets for field trips will remain on sale until sold out or at the cut off date listed on the event, whichever comes first. Changes to your order can be made only while the field trip is open. Once a field trip closes, we are unable to offer refunds. Issues with orders such as insufficient or incomplete funds withdrawal may be subject to cancellation.
- CHAPERONE POLICY FOR TEACHER-LED FIELD TRIPS: Instructional funds may be used to order 1 adult/chaperone ticket per 4 enrolled students and 2 adult/chaperone tickets per 5 or more enrolled students. An adult chaperone is required to accompany student(s) on a field trip regardless of the student(s)' age or grade level(s).
- CAMERAS: You may take as many photos as you wish, but No Flash Photography in either building as the light damages the paintings and fabrics
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: If students bring lunches and/or backpacks, they are not allowed in the museum. They should be left in the car. No food or beverages are allowed in the museum or church buildings including gum, candy, water bottles, etc.
- Gift Shop: Students are welcome to visit the gift shop. While in the Gift Shop please have one adult for every five students, with a maximum of ten students in the shop at any time.
- ATTIRE: In the winter months, dress warmly. Adobe buildings can be cool all year and damp in the winter months. You will also be moving outdoors between the museum and church buildings.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: Please plan on being no later than 10:45. Please take traffic conditions into consideration when traveling. We will be meeting outside as a group at the entrance. Tours happen rain or shine so please dress appropriately
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: You may park in St. Joseph Church parking lot next door to the Mission, or on the street.
- SICK POLICY: To ensure the health and safety of all attendees, please do not attend a field trip if you or your student(s) is ill or showing possible signs of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order
If you are a parent using charter school funds, you will still need to register here for the event in order to hold your spot. Use the coupon code listed below when checking out. You will also need to put in your order with your charter school. They will reach out to us with your request and this will confirm your field trip reservation.
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER