Fri, Oct 20|
Dissections with Lab Rat Academy
Students can investigate the biology of an animal and learn about it’s adaptations, organs, and systems with this hands-on dissection lab facilitated by an education specialist from Lab Rat Academy.
Time & Location
Oct 20, 2023, 9:00 AM – 2:30 PM
Roseville, 1501 Pleasant Grove Blvd, Roseville, CA 95747, USA
About the event
Students can investigate the biology of an animal and learn about it’s adaptations, organs, and systems with this hands-on dissection lab facilitated by an education specialist from Lab Rat Academy. Students are given opportunity to study and explore the complexities of internal anatomy in memorable, tangible, and eye-opening ways. Seeing the intricacies of an animal's organs and inner workings helps them develop a deeper understanding of and respect for life and the natural world. Studying an animal’s internal anatomy reveals so much about the specific and amazing ways in which they move, eat, reproduce, regulate their functions, and more!
We will have 3 different labs throughout the day with each being 1.5 hours long. You can choose one or two or do all three if you wish.
Times and labs are listed below.
(FULL) Frog Dissection 9:00-10:30am
Amphibian systems offer insight into human systems. Frogs are the largest and most diverse group of amphibians, and frog dissection is the best teaching tool for an introduction to human anatomy and body systems. Recommended for 2nd-12th grade. (LAB IS FULL- please see other labs)
Cow Eye 11:00-12:30pm
Using a preserved cow eye, students will locate and identify the external and internal features of the mammalian organ. Because the functionalities and parts of a cow eye are similar to that of a human eye, students dissecting a cow eye can learn so much about the very eyes they are observing and exploring with. Recommended for 3rd-12th grade.
Crayfish Dissection 1:00-2:30pm
Through hands-on exploration of the crayfish, a popular invertebrate students achieve a greater understanding of the crustacean anatomy. This Anatomy Lab leads students through an introductory-level dissection activity to locate and identify the crayfish’s external and internal features. Recommended for grades 2-12
Lab Rat Academy’s Anatomy Labs cover the basics for learning how to dissect preserved and fresh organisms using safety equipment. Safety glasses, gloves, lab aprons, as well as scalpels and other dissecting equipment will be provided for each student.
All labs are designed to meet CDC, local, and state health and safety standards.
Student Package: Includes interactive project ideas, fun and interesting facts, engaging pre and post field trip activities and student field trip participation.
If using charter funding, use the coupon code: CHARTER to register without paying to hold your spot while you put in your order request with your charter.
We are vendors with the following local charters:
Horizon, Grass Valley Charter, Arete, Twin Ridges, South Sutter, Clarksville, Feather River, Cottonwood, Harvest Ridge
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Grades 2nd-12th
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Once a field trip is SOLD OUT or has reached it's cut off date, we are unable to offer refunds.
- CHAPERONE POLICY: A parent chaperone is required to be present with their student on our field trips regardless of student age or grade level. Upon registering you MUST INCLUDE all attending, including any additional parents/chaperones or siblings.
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: Water is permitted. If you are staying for multiple sessions, please make sure to bring a lunch and snacks. There are plenty of places outside the dissection room to do so.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: Please plan on arriving 10 minutes prior to your lab. Labs will start on time and your student may miss important information if arriving late.
- PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: There is plenty of space to park in the venue parking lot
- SICK POLICY: Please do not attend a field trip if you or your student are sick or showing possible symptoms of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your order
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER