Time & Location
Feb 19, 2024, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Bakersfield, 10500 Alfred Harrell Hwy, Bakersfield, CA 93306, USA
About the event
Please join our mailing list to receive up to date information for when more details and open registration become available
California has some of the most stunning and beautiful animals and plants in the world! So what better way to celebrate, learn and admire them than at the California Living Museum?
The displays at the California Living Museum were created soley for visitors to experience and understand native Californian animals, plants, fossils and artifacts, so we can all ensure they are preserved in the future! We don't want you to be the last generation to enjoy them!
California Living Museum is located on 14 acres, and features over 80 fascinating species of animals! These animals were all previously injured and would not survive back in the wild, so they are now living their lives happily in the safety of the zoo!
The California Living Museum has a great open black bear exhibit, as well as a bird of prey exhibit featuring hawks, eagles and owls for those avid bird spotters. The mammal enclosures house bobcats and a number of fox species, AND there is a crawly reptile house too!
"Trees of California" takes you through brilliant flowers and streams - can you spot the butterflies and even the very fast hummingbirds? Can you guess how many times a minute they beat their wings? (Hint - it's a LOT!)
When you first arrive at the California Living Museum, make sure the kids explore the discover rooms with rotating interactive activities, as they will love the hands-on experience, as well as being able to check out the fossil and reading library!
The museum also provide educational tours for kids! There is SO much to see and do at the California Living Museum! Are you ready to enjoy all it has to offer?
The Central California Children’s Railroad is an all-volunteer train inspected and certified by the State of California (the same agency that regulates Disneyland and Knott’s). The train weaves its way around the CALM grounds, with the scenic Kern County foothills as its backdrop. Volunteers build and maintain the Central California Children’s Railroad so that kids young and old can enjoy this amazing addition to CALM!
Located just off CALM’s gift shop is an attraction called the California Coast Room. A 10-foot aquatic touch tank houses numerous sea creatures for guests to explore. Across the room, a separate moon jellyfish aquarium features a giant viewing window.
Stop by CALM’s reptile house, just down the main walkway from CALM’s gift store, to find a nice collection of snakes, lizards, frogs and invertebrates (animals without backbones). The reptile house is climate controlled to 78 degrees for the comfort of its ectothermic residents, or animals that is dependent on external sources of body heat
Domestic and farm animals like a rooster, a turkey, rabbits, a burro and a pony live here. Children are encouraged to observe the domestic animals as they come up to the fence and may touch and feel the lamb’s wool and the goat’s hair. Guests are encouraged to clean their hands at the sanitizer station on their way out
Educator Package: Includes educational resources, interactive project ideas, direct experiential opportunities to help better connect the experience with your students and complimentary chaperone ticket. Does not include a student ticket.
Student Package: Includes engaging pre and post educational visit activities, trip organization and student ticket.
- Important Info
- AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: K-12
- ALLERGY ALERT: Please let us know right away if your student has a food allergy so we can make any necessary arrangements to better protect them
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Tickets for field trips will remain on sale until sold out or at the cut off date listed on the event, whichever comes first. Once a field trip closes, we are unable to offer refunds.
- CHAPERONE POLICY: An adult chaperone is required to accompany student(s) on a field trip regardless of the student(s)' age or grade level(s).
- FOOD/DRINK RESTRICTIONS: No food or drink allowed inside the laboratoy.
- MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: An email will be sent out several days prior to the trip with meetup and parking details.
- SICK POLICY: To ensure the health and safety of all attendees, please do not attend a field trip if you or your student(s) is ill or showing possible signs of illness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILTY: When registering, make sure to read and understand the Release of Liabiliy Policy before submitting your orde
Charter Coupon Code: CHARTER